My Fibonachos

My Fibonachos
My Fans!

Friday 5 June 2015

Hey! First post!

Hey!

Welcome to my blog! 

As my first post, I thought that it would be best to introduce myself. 

My name is Leonardo Bonacci, but you can call me Fibonacci, a nickname that my friends and acquaintances call me. Or Leo works, too. 

I'm located in Pisa, Italy, where I was born (1170, anyone the same age as me? Haha! :D) 

You might know some of my published books and my work in the field of mathematics, which I'll list below, and I hope everyone is as excited as I am about this blog!

I'll try and update this blog whenever I can to keep everyone up to date. See you soon! 


My published books: 

- Liber Abaci/ Book of Calculation (1202, a book of calculations) 

- Practica Geometriae (1220, on surveying, measurement of partition of areas and volumes,  and other topics in practical geometry) 

- Flos (1225, solutions to problems posed by Johannes of Palermo) 

- Liber quadratorum/ The Book of Squares (on Diophantine)

- Di minor guisa (on commercial arithmetic) 


Contributions to mathematics (which I'll post on later) : 

-introduced Europe to the Fibonacci sequence

- received the honour of being considered "the most talented Western mathematician of the Middle Ages" (Aw, everyone is so sweet!) 

- popularized the Hindu- Arabic numeric system to the Western World, through one of my books 

- the Golden Rectangle formula 

- introduced Europe to the Fibonacci sequenceed Western mathematician of the Middle Ages" (Aw, everyone is so sweet!) 

- popularized the Hindu- Arabic numeric system to the Western World, through one of my books 

- the Golden Rectangle formula 




(Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number)


No comments:

Post a Comment